Wow, times can change quickly. We wanted to post a public message for all to see how we are handling the Coronavirus issues with respect to Las Vegas rental homes. First and foremost, we are still here.
We hope that this message is received in the spirit we intend – to reassure and offer what help we can. We understand that these are uncertain times, and everyone is affected by the current world events.
What to expect from us
We wanted to take the time to let every one of our valued clients and tenants know, that we are still in business and operating almost completely as normal. We have always been set up to be able to operate using remote work, so very little has changed for us with the recent Coronavirus issues.
What you can expect now, is for Strawberry Realty to do the best we can in these tough times. The office will only by open by appointment, on a very limited basis, but we are still working remotely and all of our systems are still in place.
If you are a tenant and have a maintenance need, please submit a repair request via your Tenant Portal as normal. Submit a repair request.
Please note that it may be more difficult to get repairs done quickly at this time, but we will do our best to handle it as fast as possible. If you experience a water leak or other important maintenance issue, please report it so we can take care of it.
Lease renewals, showings, move in / move outs
Since the governor of Nevada has issued a “shelter in place” order, we are limiting our public interactions to only necessary functions. Health and safety is of utmost importance to us. Repairs are necessary, and will continue.
At this time, we will not conduct property checks of occupied homes until further notice. We will request tenants provide photos of properties for the time being.
We are continuing with lease renewals. Tenants with positive rental history with us will be offered lease renewals. As usual, we will discuss renewal terms with our landlord clients before presenting them to tenants.
We will not conduct showings of occupied rental homes at this time.
There is help if you need it
In addition, we have put together a list of resources available in Las Vegas, to help victims of this global virus problem. If you lost a job or have gotten sick, there is help available through many programs and sources. Please take the time to read through these items, and apply for anything that you may need or qualify for. Feel free to share this list with anyone you know who may need help. We hope you find this list useful, for yourself or someone you know.
We hope you and yours are safe and well. Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns regarding how we are handling the Coronavirus issues regarding Las Vegas rental homes.
Coronavirus / COVID-19 Resources and information
1) Emergency Federal legislation passed into federal law this week. This should allow people to obtain emergency assistance. Specifically, it temporarily loosens certain rules regarding unemployment, food assistance, or Medicaid, so people in need can apply and obtain assistance easier and faster. Read the legislation here.
2) Clark County Social Services has an emergency rent assistance program for people who have recently suffered job loss etc. This is a permanent program and it DOES work. We have seen some of our tenants helped by this program in the past.
3) KTNV’s list of local resources for those affected by Coronavirus.
4) Nevada 211 helps connect people in need with resources.
5) The Nevada Independent Resource Guide offers a helpful list
6) Here is an extensive and organized guide to all kinds of assistance: https://findhelp.org
Thank you, and again take care!